Champions Contact Information for all schools
Cassie Nickels - Senior Area Manager - 734-776-8983
Tomico Dyson - Associate Area Manager - 248-550-5278
Champions Customer Care - 800-246-2154
Visit www.discoverchampions.com for a Live Chat with a Family Support Representative
We ask that you be mindful that these are cell phones and are with us during the nights and weekends. We would love to best take care of you during all hours but also have families of our own at home to take care of and spend time with. Please understand that between 7pm and 6am we will only listen to a VM and return a call if it is a true emergency. We also do not answer on the weekends so if you must, just call and leave a message and we will return your call on the next working day.
Additionally, please leave a message if you need a return call. We hear from many of you that you have called but are not leaving messages and you are frustrated you aren't receiving a return call. We cannot call back if we do not know the issue to help you solve so please, leave a detailed message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Wayne-Westland Community Schools Champions Programs
Here is also a list of the phone numbers to reach your local Site Directors and Assistant Teachers:
Edison - 734-722-7319
Elliott - 734-326-0986
Hamilton - 734-595-3424
Schweitzer - 734-326-0980
Stottlemyer - 734-512-8571
Wildwood - 734-983-8745
Graham - 734-589-7113
Hoover - 734-589-7048
Walker - 734-467-1872
Marshall - 734-620-1380
Stevenson - 734-560-2712
Please note: The site numbers will not be answered outside of program hours as these phones are left at the schools. Please only call during AM and PM programming hours.
Fall will be here before you know it!
2017-2018 Champions School-Year registration is now open!
The Champions Program is a before and after school childcare program offered at all of the K-6 buildings in the Wayne-Westland Community School District. For a fee paid by parents, they provide structured childcare services before and after school, during school breaks and in the summer.
Champions before and aftercare makes the hours before and after school fun and engaging. Kids get everything they need to start the school day energized and end the school day, ready to go home for some quality family time! Our fun and varied program is made up of various hands-on activities that give your child the opportunity to continue learning before and after school.
And remember, our program is open to all families—even those who don’t attend Champions during the rest of the year. So tell a friend or family member. You can feel confident knowing Champions has been recognized as a high-quality provider by AdvancED, earning us corporation accreditation.
Please note that there is a $50 registration fee per child, and a $75 registration fee per family.
Tuition per day:
$35 for school age, $38 for preschool (ages 3-5, not in elementary school)
Before School: 6:45am – School start
After School: School dismissal – 6:30 pm
2016-17 School Year Weekly Pricing
|Number of Days||Before School||After School|
We offer a 10% sibling discount! We accept DHS State Subsidy! Sign up today on the Champions website or call 734-729-7631 for more information.
Before and After School Programs:
Supplemented with literacy, fitness and character-building enhancements, the Five Activity Areas serve as Champions' core curriculum.
- Take the Challenge - Homework options are central to Champions service profile. Depending on parent and school priorities, we offer homework as an activity choice, a contracted activity between parent and child, a mandatory part of every child's schedule, or a tutoring segment (for an additional charge). We also provide students with opportunities that challenge them mentally through the use of strategic games, books and hands on activities.
- Imagine That - Creative activities are a key to Champions programming. Children participate in arts and crafts, drama, music and dance, allowing creativity to blossom and reinforcing communication and literacy skills in a fun context.
- The Nature of It - Science projects help children begin thinking about and exploring the world around them. Projects are hands-on, fun, and highly interactive, sparking curiosity about nature and helping children realize that science is anything but boring.
- Sports Zone - Group and individual sports and games are highlighted in this segment. Children learn that sports, like any activity, require discipline and focus. They begin to understand that being part of a team means holding up your part of the bargain.
- Snack Attack - Snack Attack is an area where we encourage children to be aware of nutritious food choices and healthy bodies. We also focus on measurement through fun activities and discussion. Students engage in fun, hands on activities, crafts and experiments that use food and utensils.
- Read-Write-Now! Literacy Program and Book Clubs
- Sites dedicate at least 30 minutes daily to reading, writing, and vocabulary building. Our Book Club introduces a new work of children's literature monthly. Reading aloud to children conveys a proven benefit to reading progress!
Character Development Program:
Children shape important values in five key areas: community involvement, mentoring, conflict resolution, diversity appreciation, and family involvement. We developed the character program to address parent feedback.
Our wellness program focuses on physical activity, health, nutrition, goal-setting, and relaxation and stress management. Staff encourage healthy eating and physical fitness as a lifelong pursuit.
Our Learning Continuum:
- Nurturing environments help prepare children for elementary school. Our character-building enhancement gives kids a jumpstart on teamwork skills and valuing differences while Read-Write-Now! encourages early literacy.
How to Enroll
Enrolling in Champions Extended Learning programs is effortless with our Online Account Management system. Our online system provides 24 hour access to your account allowing you to manage payments and student schedules, monitor program information, and much more.
Register to obtain your online account. You will need a computer with an internet connection and an email address.
- Go to the Champions website and click on Account Login in the upper right corner.
- Click Create an Account and follow the provided instructions. This should take about 5 - 10 minutes to complete. (If your browser is having trouble, check page compatibility settings in tool menu)
- Once you complete the registration, a system generated e-mail will be sent to your email account. This email will contain your temporary password.
Enroll your student in a Champions Extended Learning Program.
- Using your new temporary password, you may now enroll your child online. This should take about 20 - 30 minutes to complete. If you cannot complete the process in one sitting, you can log off and return to finish within 72 hours.
- Log into your Champions Online Account using your temporary password that was emailed to you.
- Select Enroll Now to begin your enrollment process.
- If this is the first time you are enrolling your student, select Add Student . If a student is listed, select the student you wish to enroll.
- Complete the multi-step enrollment process. If at any time you have questions, click the ? for help.
- You will receive a system generate confirmation e-mail confirming your enrollment. Starting on the 3rd day your child can begin attending Champions! Please make sure you update your child’s start date if you need it later than 48 hours as the system begins billing once the child is enrolled.
- Once enrolled, you will need to set a payment schedule. You have three payment options: Make a one-time payment, use a stored payment account, or set-up a recurring payment for future weeks (must select a Monday date).
- Finally, Champions provides an electronic sign in/out feature for added security when dropping off and picking up your student. You will need to Emergency contact who may drop-off or pick-up will also need codes.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a 48 hour (2 day) processing period from the time a parent completes the enrollment process online and their child can begin attending the Champions Extended Learning Program. This brief window of time allows our management team to receive the enrollment, review for accuracy and create the child's file with the required documentation prior to the child's first day of attendance.
All of these programs are offered by KLC School Partnerships in cooperation with the Wayne-Westland Community Schools.
Why Choose Champions?
For more information and to learn more about the Champions Difference, please visit the Champions website.