Welcome ToTaft-Galloway Elementary School
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
The vision of Taft-Galloway Elementary is to create an engaging and safe school that inspires growth and learning for all
Taft-Galloway takes PRIDE in being:
Role models for others
Dedicated to learning
Points of Pride
- The tremendous growth in students who received small group RTI instruction in Reading
- Partnership with Wayne Youth Services, Safety Squad, Student-Led Bus Patrol,
- Reduction in office referrals and a significant increase in alternatives to suspension.
- "Girls on the Run (5k) and Community Impact Project
- Turkey Trot- collecting food for those in need and donating it to St. Mary's church.
- Angel Tree- buying Christmas gifts for needy families
- Student-led BROADCAST CREW giving Taft announcements every morning and facilitating "Brain Gym"
- TAPS Parent group is launching more parental involvement activities.
- Futures- Tutoring and Enrichment Activities / Multiple Teachers ran clubs
- Teachers are extremely hard working and educate with Strength, Honor Integrity and Perseverance.
The Cost of Educating a Student
Taft Latest News
Check out images of the backpacks Cosco donated to Taft Elementary! 420 total backpacks were delivered to us this morning! Thank you so much to Van Buren COSTCO's Assistant General Manager Mr. Todd Shields. A big thanks as well to Ms. Mitter, and Ms. Dybus from the Wayne-Westland's Family Resource Center.
Attendance Line: 734-419-2767
Student Hours: Full Day: 9:00 am - 3:50 pm
AM Half Day: 9:00 am -12:10 pm