Welcome ToWilliam D. Ford Career Technical Center
Mission Statement & Points of Pride
We, the William D. Ford Career-Technical Center staff, will prepare our students with the knowledge, technological proficiency, and personal skills essential for success in an increasingly complex society.
Points of Pride
- Annual School-Wide Writing Program
- Anti-Bullying Policy Adopted
- Student Mentorship Program
- 16 Community Outreach Programs/Events
- 11 Regional HOSA winners. 45 Regional HOSA finalists.
- More than $165,000.00 awarded in Career Technical specific scholarships.
- Four First Place winners in various Welding competitions.
- IVD team took Best in Presentation at the Masters of Mobility competition
- Three students recognized for the State of Michigan Breaking Traditions award, with one receiving the Merit Award for Excellence.
- Sixth consecutive year as a Green School maintaining Evergreen status.
Cost of Educating a Student
2017 Registration Information
Career Tech Latest News
View more pictures of Nathan Adermatt and Madison Ristic's award-winning graphic design illustrations.
On Thursday, May 17 our Construction Tech II students held their Open House at the construction site where they built a brand new home. The house is located at 35042 Hazelwood in Westland. The house is now completed and shows the great work our students have been able to accomplish while working in conjunction with the City of Westland.
We are excited to share that the generous gifts our Early Childhood/Teacher Education students and pre-school students sent to deployed soldiers were enthusiastically received. A wonderful thank you letter and photo of some of the men and women who received the items that were sent were received by Mrs. Vaughan. Once again, kindness speaks volumes, even when miles are between people. Thank you to all who participated and brightened the day for some of our troops who are away from home.
Construction Technologies: Hannah George - Certificate of Excellence. Only 4 of these awards in the State of Michigan; Instructor: Mike Koelzer
Electronics/Robotics Alternative Energy: Misty Tomlin - Certificate of Recognition; Instructor - Zack MacLean
Game Design and Programming: Morgan Schalk - Certificate of Recognition; Instruction - JC Irvine
The HOSA award we received was because every student in our Health Occupations classes joined the organization. Congratulations to all!
Student Hours: 7:25 am - 1:50 pm
Ford Career Tech Calendar
|‹ September 2018 ›|